“Baryshevskyi has something special, special talent.
As for me, he should have been awarded by the first prize”.
M.Argerich (From the article of Filippo Michelangeli about Busoni competition)
Born in Kyiv, Ukraine in 1988, Antonii Baryshevskyi started playing piano at the age of seven. During his study at music school, he had A. Sorkina and R. Donskaya as teachers. After finishing the course at Lysenko Special Secondary Music School in Kyiv, he entered the National Music Academy of Ukraine, where he made a Master and Ph.D. with Prof. Valerii Kozlov. Also, he has graduated from Ecole Normale de musique de Paris, where he studied with Prof. Marian Rybicki.
Participated in the Master Classes with Profs. Daniel Pollack, Lily Dorfman, Alfred Brendel, Richard Goode, and many others. Antonii is a soloist of the National Philharmonie of Ukraine. He gives a master-classes in Ukraine and Germany, Antonii is a regular member of the International Summer Academy of Music in Ochsenhausen (Germany).
He is a laureate of the Ukrainian program “A Man of the Year 2005′′ at the age of 16. A year later participated in the 2006 Euro Radio Youth Concert in Munich, Germany.
Antonii is a prize-winner of many international piano contests.
Among those prizes are:
- Second prize at the Santa Cecilia International Competition (Porto, Portugal, 2020)
- First prize at the Premio Internazionale pianistico « A. Scriabin » (Grosseto, Italy, 2020)
- First prize at the 14th Arthur Rubinstein International Piano Master Competition (Tel Aviv, Israel, 2014)
- Second Prize at the 58 F. Busoni International Piano Competition ( Bolzano, Italy, 2011).
- First prize at the 51st International Piano Competition “Premio Jaen” (Jaen, Spain, 2009);
- First Prize at the IV Isidor Bajic Piano Memorial Competition (Novi Sad, Serbia, 2008);
- First prize at the 2nd International Piano Competition ISAM (Germany, 2006);
- Second prize at the VI International Piano Competition “In Memory of V. Horovitz” (Kyiv, Ukraine, 2005);
- First prize at the IV International Piano Competition “Performer-Composer” (St. Petersburg, Russia, 2004).
Participant of the MDR Musicsommer Festival (Eisenach, Germany, 2015), Progetto Martha Argerich (Lugano, Swetzerland,2014), Klavier Ruhr festival (Essen, Germany, 2012, 2014), Busoni Festival (Bolzano, Italy, 2012), Peace and Piano Festival(Seoul, South Korea 2015), Chautauqua Festival (the USA, 2015), Copenhagen Summer Festival (Denmark, 2015), projects by Musica Insieme Fondazione (Bologna, 2017, Varignana, 2018) and others.
Antonii performed in such venues, as Wigmore Hall, London; Konzerthaus Berlin; Berliner Philharmonie (Big and Chamber halls); Kolner Philharmonie; Concertgebouw Amsterdam; Concert hall of the Mariinsky theatre; Teatro Comunale di Bologna; Schoenberg center
Vienna. He had concerts in almost all the European countries, Israel, Japan, South Korea, and the USA.
Played with some of the leading European orchestras, including Munich Radio Orchestra, The Israel Philharmonic Orchestra, Filarmonica Arturo Toscanini, The Philharmonic Orchestra of Ukraine, the Gubernator`s Orchestra of St.-Petersburg, Heidelberg Philharmonic Orchestra, Ciudad de Granada Orchestra, under the baton of maestros A. Fisch, F. Chaslin, H. Griffiths, D. Bostock, G. Albrecht, R. Kofman, M. Bosch, V. Uryupin, O. Lyniv, K. Karabits, and many others.
Recorded for numerous CD labels, as well as radio and TV productions of the Italian, Danish, Spanish, German, Slovakian, Serbian
Radio-Television agencies. CD “Antonii Baryshevskyi: Piano Recital” was released by the Naxos recording label. Another CD “Moussorgskyi & Scriabin“ was released by CAvi-music. The CD with all piano sonatas of G. Ustvolskaya was released in 2017. CD with the choral music of Lili Boulanger “Hymne au
Soleil” and CD with the orchestral music by Shostakovich was released in 2018. “O Schone Nacht”, a CD with the music of Brahms, Rheinberger, and Herzogenberg was released in 2020.
|Toccata en mi mineur||J.S. Bach|
|Sonate op.57 « Appassionata »||L. Beethoven|
|Etudes symphoniques op. 13||R. Schumann|